Friday, February 26, 2016

Hello everyone, hope all are in great spirits! I know I have yet to update you on my vegetarian status. As of  February 22, 2016 I have made the decision to finally go vegan, eating wise. That means I have officially cut out dairy products, and eggs. I'm aware I've only been a vegetarian for a good two months however I felt I was ready to take off those training wheels.  I haven't been drinking milk for  a while, I'd say about a year. My mom was aware of the horrible effects due to drinking milk. So, she was the one who began buying milk alternatives such as almond milk, soy milk, cashew milk, and coconut milk. Coconut milk being one of my favorites, you must try it! My only hardship I knew I was going to struggle with was cheese. I'm a lover of cheese, and all types. That was my biggest concern, I believed I wouldn't be able to give it up. That's until I discovered vegan cheese. It literally tastes the same as cheese, you won't believe it. They also have almond cheese which is another favorite. Eggs are something I gave up pretty quickly. I was never a big lover of eggs, unless they had cheese in them.. Thankfully, I discovered an egg alternative..TOFU! (I'll be posting a recipe of "scrambled eggs" pretty soon). Any other dairy products I've ever craved, I know there's a vegan option for each. Such as yogurt, butter, mayo, sour cream, etc. I find literally everything at Whole Foods, it's the best. Becoming a vegan goes beyond just the discontinuance of eating animal products, It means you go for everything cruelty free against animals, including food, furniture, and even makeup. My next step in my vegan journey is to rid of my makeup products that were animal tested. This is going to be difficult for me because I loooooove makeup. Stay tuned to see how that goes ;)

2 comments:

  1. You're keeping up so well with your blog and diet. I enjoy as you progress with your diet you let us know everything! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you're actually sticking to being Vegan. I give you props because I for sure wouldn't last a day. Keep it up as Mr. Panton says " I believe in you."

    ReplyDelete