Friday, January 22, 2016

My name is Morgan Marie Williams. I would describe myself as an (ex) meat-lover. I ate almost every meat, pork, chicken, fish, and I use to be a fan of liver. I'm pretty sure I ate meat with each meal, it was a must. I never really understood why vegans were vegans and why vegetarians were vegetarians. I have a close friend who is vegan, her name is Nas. Nas has been a vegan for a year and counting. She educated me on why she became a vegan and how unhealthy meat is. After talking with her, I truly changed my whole outlook. I started to realize how whenever I would eat a burger or even chicken, I would always feel sluggish and disgusted..but it was so good, it's addictive. However, being a vegetarian is more than just for the health. You're doing it for the billions of hopeless animals who are slaughtered each year. Avoiding animal products and giving up meat gives you the sense of security that you're saving a living, breathing, animal. I decided to let go of my long-lost best friend meat January 1st 2016. It was difficult, yet easy. Their is so many delicious meat substitutes, and tofu is my favorite. I can't wait to share some awesome recipes with you all!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! I've been vegan for the past two years and I love your passion. Keep up the good work boo! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is honestly so great! Thank you for informing me about veganism. I would say i'd try to become vegan but that's just not gonna happen! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to keep reading this blog! I love meat but lately I been looking for ways of substituting meat with something healthier. I hope you continue with your goal and maybe I'll become a vegan after all. :)

    ReplyDelete